Wednesday, April 30, 2014

to blue ....















i am a child of the plains & prairie
tendered amongst open fields of golden wheat, milo & corn-silk
sky & earth i have always known
yet
there are times in the bleed of the day
times under the whiteness of the moon
that water calls me home . .
vast & blue
open smooth water
with winds warm & complete
aqua & infinite
or
rolling into sapphire wickedness &
bone-chilled surrender
bring me blue & leave me there
gloriously unearthed &
made fragile by wind & water
wounded by starshine & solitude
trust & strength collide in the
hours & bones
so
bring me blue & leave me there
with absolute bearing
capable & precise
rocked by the spray of the sea
so harden up
bring me blue & leave me there ,,,,

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Soozie, I love your lovely imagery, and your poetry is one of a kind, you do have a wonderful site. Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much !! and best wishes back at you :) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something primal about water. You put me there, on the shore in the wind, wondering what lies beneath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie! Thanks for following my blog! And I have to mention I love your background here!!
    Great poetry too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "rolling into sapphire wickedness &
    bone-chilling surrender"

    DYNO-MITE!

    DiAnne

    ReplyDelete