Wednesday, February 8, 2017

discovery ...










Obedient
obedient & folded with perfection & promise upon the lean, sure assumption
that i could trust
the patriarchal cords that hung like blue balloon strings from my sky
my sky ...
obedient & voiceless
possessed by sensual demons & an artists hand
sculpting worlds & avenues of desire
to a god that did not respond to love or lean mercies
ruching, roses & a chained longing for something more marked
my skin as tiny & fragile as the bones in the wing of a sparrow
hold on
hold on and wait
age will bring fury & resistance, awakening & mischief
youth's wild canter & trust
gives way to
this moment where anything is possible
the dog suddenly barks into the night
and
the
electric camphor of forgetfulness is forgiven once again

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Susie, just, well, you know!
    xo
    DiAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love to read your pieces several times because I love to relish rolling your words in my mouth and head in order to savor their meaning and effect upon me. I so relate to this piece, my dear little bird. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more things change the more they stay the same....love this just as much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more things change the more they stay the same....love this just as much.

    ReplyDelete