Wednesday, April 6, 2011

a story ......












i wished for you
sitting in that wooden seat in the library
you were standing in the doorway
wearing a yellow shirt
and you did that thing with your head, kind of a rocking nod
and a wink
and i got up & followed ....
you smelled like home
you rescued me from ignorance, peasants, boredom & the borders of my skin
with
love, sex, secret agent shit, understanding
corvairs & car rides
need & lust exchanged for a painting of dragons & orbs
and a dance
i'm not in love ...
understanding awakened from it's cosmic slumber to
stolen-pleasure-fireworks
on a warm day in tall grass
there
a recognition of wholeness
we gamed, we lost, we gained
we tossed the dice & rolled back . .
past the spell of
time & distance
i wished for you
across
solitude & madness
thru pain & flared redemption
i wished for you
on long drives
there,
on the shoulder of the road
there,
waiting,
somewhere for me
around a corner
in a bar
along some quiet street
beside me
i wished for you
there were lines thrown
ignored
caught
tangled, damaged
unmistakably
golden
i wished for you ....

2 comments:

  1. I love your website, and absolutely love your poem, "I wished for you," it is one of the best narratives with tons of fantastic imagery and metaphors. It is an excellent poem and I am so delighted you are following. Have a blessed day.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. John ... oh my. thank you ... i stumbled upon your blog from the NaPoWriMo site & instantly recognized something very true & tangible ... thank you for your words ... really :) !!

    ReplyDelete