Wednesday, February 14, 2018

back to bowlegs . . .




















the way you come in
is the way you go out
open & shining & riddled with doubt

breathe in the smoke,
wipe the ash from your eyes
you & the dogs
tag along for the ride

trails of wisteria, Seminole pines
mullen & sage, spring grass & rye 
hurry before darkness
hurry 'fore rain
circle past the thunder
to draw close again

and ...
build me a blaze
strong as your heart
dance with me around it
long after dark
piss on the fire 
and 
call in the dogs
head back to Bowlegs
with me in your arms 

three quarter moon hangs in the sky
wisdom of fire there in your eyes
as hope lies dashed
there upon stone
stars lift it up
and carry it home
adagio sun swells in the east
the lark will teach us to trust what we speak 
and we never saw 
or will see again
a morning like that
that atones & amends

so ....
build me a blaze
strong as my heart
let's dance around it
long after dark
bring on the thunder
bring on the storm
the north star forever lights the way home 
piss on the fire
call in the dogs
head back to Bowlegs
with me in your arms