Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mars Night


i
sleep under a circus tent
under a pinwheel chandelier
reading
Anna Karenina by firefly-light
tucked into my scarlet lofty cocoon ~
locusts thrum & hum
as stars
dirty-honey thick
call ...
owls and the masked ones
broken & bare
thick . . .
pulling at indigo dreams tripped out on
summer dust & particle physics
pulling through skin caught out on a cool august night
stark & stunned . .
pulling slumbered tendrils up to the milky white haze-light
to feed
the
souls of love warriors & poets cognac
pulling it free to tightrope walk its way
to distant planets
on fluffy socked tiptoes

never
looking
back . .

2 comments:

  1. Oh so profound Susie...I'd highlight a favorite line or two like I usually do but in this case I'd have to highlight the whole darn thing. I'll be "looking back"... on this one...
    DiAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really inspired and beautiful, Susie...I agree with DiAnne...hard to highlight one moment. But I love stars dirty-honey thick.

    ReplyDelete