Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Tritina for the Prairie

Sandhill cranes crowding, clouding the vast blue sky
speckled fields fallow--river wide calls my soul
proclaiming winter's surrender to spring

Clouds thin to white stories writing of spring
eyes rest where crimson horizon collides with western sky
watching--waiting for signs of my returning slumbered soul

Of wild cranes and fields evermore comes my soul
to follow the flight pattern and warm winds of this early spring
flying--soaring to the sun buttoned upon the sky

of flying things and azure sky my soul wakes to spring 

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and an excellent tritina! I especially like this line: "soaring to the sun buttoned upon the sky". The tritina is like a poetry sudoku, right? The trick is to follow the form without the reader "hearing" or "recognizing" the form. You've done that well!

    ReplyDelete