Thursday, December 22, 2022

i told myself a story















words once easy liquid 

feel buried 

deeply hidden beneath sorrow's debris and a forest thick with minefields of contentment 

i told myself a story that i was only a writer when yearning for the unreachable 

spring in winter -- rain in drought

mountains from the prairie plains 

where lives the fire-rise when the present drapes from a vast blue sky?

what words matter when a heart rests in these pink molecules of light? 

why is it harder within the soft folds of these feathered days? 

because I tell myself a story that it is 

portraits captured remain tied tight to the fabric of these slow hours 

tied to the belly rumblings of routine & madness even in the absence of grief's striped cage 

my tarot game remains a shuffling of sensation bookmarked by Sunday's funny pages 

words crafted from the bowels of whales & dreamers 


lay them in the sun  ....

await the burn