Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Hollowing Things

One awaits the break of day in the quietest of houses where there is a lack of love, imagination and hope. Birds begin to awaken but their chirping songs bring only an interruption from a daydream of
mountains and majesty.  From somewhere to the west a dog barks in a lonely way. The coffee has grown cold and I am already too weary to walk to the kitchen for more.

No word from him and I am oddly fine with that.

A harsh winter has left the ground raw and brown. It will take some effort to find spring.

I miss carrying the smallness of him from room to room searching for ninja turtles and scary things. Longing to be somewhere I'm not.

These pants have holes.

Waiting for eight o'clock to make a dreaded call. Birds sing, morning dawns along with a forecast of
storms. I don't care.

I long for a nap upon a mountain, I long to carry him with me as we walk beside a river warm.
I will always remain even when there is no word.

The sun hides behind layers of haze and clouds.