Sunday, March 20, 2011

sunday afternoon ,,,,









sunday afternoon 
with a
black thunder sky raining down
all i want to do is leave this quiet-happy town ....
so i
throw the golden tarot down
let the cards nudge me
... and the magician that is you
weaves the spell
pulling me away  ....
i follow the trail of you to the Cumberland Gap
... grab a 5th of jamieson and never look back
ego & dreams
collide against my bricks
breaking my stubborn
another one of your tricks
but the memory of your 501's
there against my leg
enfolds me & holds me
steering me to the trace of you - the space of you
somewhere along this twisted road ...
green vibrance stirs the soul of me
whispering to ghosts who won't let go of me ...
caught in some blood memory of what has been
and what will yet be ....
pine laurel awakens the scent of you
this mountain pass
rolls me as you do ...
intoxicates
captivates
and leads me down
thru the Cumberland Gap
black thunder sky raining down
steering me to the trace of you ...
the space
of you .